Thursday, January 3, 2013

Garlic 'n green onion

Garlic and green onions; planted late December 2012
Itching to get back to gardening despite that it's winter.   I visited the local nursery and had hoped to bring home a variety of herbs, but offerings are limited this time of year.  I was especially looking for parsley, cilantro, lemon thyme and sage.  Still, there were garlic and green onion seedlings available and so I picked up a couple of six paks.  I passed on lettuces and bak choi;  we're not big salad eaters and my picked lettuce gets wilty so quickly anyway.  I do enjoy growing green onions and have had good success with those.  Never have grown garlic before, but want to give it a go and see what happens.  As always, I bought a pak of Johnny Jump Ups, my favorite little flower, to set in among the herbs and such.

No comments:

Post a Comment